Giveaway is a gift basket with a soy candle, a sexy vampire zippo and other things for a sexy night in! Also, these fab gloves…
Title: Torn and Seduced
Author: J.E. & M. Keep
Series: Stand Alone
Genre: Urban Fantasy/Erotic
Publisher: Self Published
Release Date: Nov 5 2013
Editions/Formats Available In: eBook
Anjasa has been through the worst parts of hell and come back from it wounded but stronger. A trained assassin and courtesan, she’s seen the worst in others… and herself.
She doesn’t know what she wants, but she knows the things she needs. Companionship. Adventure. Fear. She needs to feel alive.
When she meets the human noble, Loren, in the bar, she figured he’d be good for a night of fun. A place to sleep.
Instead she finds an adventure that she can’t turn away from, even though her instincts warn her of the terrible things to come…
The crisp white and black trimmed outfit he wore had weathered his drinking well. It creased slightly as he reclined back immediately, as if her very words had kicked out some suspension beneath him. “Gods,” he swore as he looked up at her with his amber eyes, “if Father knew what an Elvish vixen I’d met…”
“He wouldn’t be able to do a damn thing to stop you,” she finished as she straddled his hips, leaning over him and letting her large breasts fall towards his face beneath that stunning red dress. Her black, full hair framed her exotic, tanned features and she licked over her lips slowly.
With that longing gaze of his on her bust he nodded. “He couldn’t stop me,” he reiterated and very brazenly he lifted a hand. He was not a small man, did not look the type to be meek, and perhaps the way he reached up and squeezed one of those large mounds then was proof of that true self poking out of his melancholy.
She gave an exaggerated gasp of pleasure as she pushed her plump chest down into his palm. Her hips rocked slightly as she nodded eagerly. “What right does he have to control you? You’re a grown man,” she urged him. “You’re strong, and virile, and deserve to have beautiful women fall for you.”
Anjasa could see it. The spark of something in his eyes lighting up right before her. That large, human hand squeezed her sumptuously large bust with a hard tightness, as if he were re inflating back to the man he—she assumed—was. “Even Elvish women,” he added as his eyes widened.
“I saw you at your worst, and I still wanted you, didn’t I?” she asked smoothly, bending down over his body and kissing just below his ear. “I couldn’t wait to be in private with you, could I?”
Her clever words worked, she felt his manhood swell beneath her as she sat atop his groin.
Top ten things you don’t know about me:
1. Cotton or Silk? We have a feeling that one of our biggest fans would kill us if we said silk, so let’s go with a really soft cotton.
2. Champagne/beer/wine? Caramel Crème Rooibos Tea for the two teetotalers!
3. Plotter/Pantser …Before, when we were writing only for fun and each other, we’d pants-it usually, but now that we have a paying audience, we plot ahead.
4. Describe your workspace…
5. Sports fan or just tolerate it? We don’t pay any attention to it!
6. Who is your biggest influence on writing? We have a lot of authors that we adore, but most of our creative influence doesn’t come from books. Joshua often says it seems a bit incestuous in that we’d just be taking someone else’s idea and trying to write it better! So we get most of our influences from nature, video games, movies, television shows, costumes, drawings… Anywhere, really!
7. Favorite food …Michelle has a huge weakness for cheesecake but we’re both trying to be fit and eat a bit better. Since it’s fall we just got a slow cooker and we’re loving everything with that nice, warm taste. Chili, pulled pork, pulled chicken, burritos…
8. When did you start writing? Both of us have been writing since we were kids! When we first ‘met’ it was online, so we did a lot of roleplaying and writing one another dirty letters through the old-style post. We then started writing World of Warcraft fiction and it spiraled from there!
9. If money were no object, where would you like to live? We’d probably have no single home and instead just travel a lot. There’s so much in this world we haven’t seen. Eastern Europe and South-East Asia are definitely high on the list. Joshua would love to go to Russia and Michelle wants to travel through Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand and Laos.
10. What’s next for you? We always have about a million things on the go! One of our talented editors has a high fantasy novel that should be released in December or January called Corrupted Hearts. It was inspired by Dungeons and Dragons in some ways, and is very much an action-adventure erotica. After that we have a softer and sweeter romance story revolving around a young woman who goes to a Magic Academy with the help of a demon she summoned. We’re hoping that will be out in January as well!
Wow, just wow! I’m so not used to reading urban fantasy with a twist of horror and then put erotic sex in it. A few warnings before I go further:
1. There is sex in this book. Dubious consent and assault. It’s not for the faint hearted at all. Plus, there are some “moresomes” too. You have been warned.
2. Loren is human and Anajasa an elven assassin. There is violence and its twisted.
3. The authors aren’t kidding when they put warnings in their books. Pay attention to them. 🙂
Okay, the warnings are over. Again, wow. There is so much going on the book but then there’s not. Make sense? I love the elven world. Always have and I don’t particularly like fantasy but Anajasa in the book is great. I would have like a bit more back story about her but overall I really liked her. You didn’t see alot of her being the badass assassin but when it came to Loren, she was still was.
This is one twisted book once she meets Loren. The pacing is fast, twisted but it held my attention until the end. The world that they have built is good, too. I wouldn’t mind revisiting it again. I normally don’t read urban fantasy but this book wasn’t over my head, too weird because I could picture this story in the modern world, except she would have a gun, not daggers. 🙂
If I had one compliant, it would be Loren’s cousin. There are aspects of his character and plot that I didn’t like. If you have read the book, you will know what I’m talking about. Did not sit well with me but then, it wasn’t supposed to.
Overall, I loved Torn & Seduced and I need to go back and read some of the backlist from J.E. & M. Keep. Their take on urban fantasy is fascinating and hard to put down.
J.E. & M. Keep love to combine fantasy, scifi, horror, romance and mystery into exciting and titillating novels.
They are long term, loving partners in a very happy relationship and because of this, they love to torture their characters. Dark romance touches all of their stories in one way or another, from elicit trysts to forbidden love.
Some of their work contains dubious consent and erotic pain, so it’s not for the faint of heart. Their stories are often called twisted and arousing — at the same time.
All work is 18+, trigger warnings available on the second page of every book. If you want to hear about new releases, sign up for the newsletter!
One thought on “Review of Torn & Seduced by J.E. & M. Keep”