Title: Mr. Big
Series: A London Billionaire Standalone
Author: Nana Malone
Genre: Contemporary New Adult Romance
Release Date: October 24, 2017
You’ve heard the rumors.
Yes, they’re all true. The women…the bank account…the really big…
Okay, I’m getting ahead of myself. I’m just saying, there’s a reason some call me Mr. Big. But none of it will matter to her. I’ve known her since we were kids. And she’s just as off limits now as she was then.
She’s my best friend’s little sister and when he asked me to give her the grand tour, he did not mean of my bedroom.
So Mr. Big has to stay under wraps… One problem, she’s the only woman I’ve ever truly loved. But with the secret I’m keeping, she’ll never love me back.
Free in Kindle Unlimited
You know what makes a great writer? A writer that sucks you in from the cover, the blurb and then ultimately the book itself. Ms. Malone is one of those authors that does all three consistently all the time. This isn’t my first book from her and she is an auto-buy author for me. I’ve been reading her since she debuted. What makes this story different from the others? Get a cuppa and I’ll tell you.
1. The setting – One day, I will go to London. Ms. Malone brings the city to life and it’s a character on its own.
2. Emma – Ms. Malone has always written strong heroines that don’t need saving. Emma is strong, likable, relatable and unfortunately unaware of what happened between Zach, Steven, and Ben (her brothers) and how it has played out over the years. She sees the self-worth in Zach when he doesn’t.
3. Zach – At times, I really wanted to hug him and tell him that everything would be okay but then there wouldn’t have been a story. Zach had a lot to figure out and basically grow up. I’m not going to spoil it for you but what he has to deal with isn’t easy.
4. The Romance – this is a second chance/older brother friend/little sister romance. I know, tropes galore but Ms. Malone makes the tropes work here. There is nothing typical about Emma and Zach. The dancing around each other, the slow burn that percolates until it boils over. These two are made for each other and the smexy times are well worth it in the end. I won’t go into the Mr. Big because you just have to read it.
5. The BIG secret – OMG! Yes, just OMG! Of course, as a reader, you knew what it is but Emma doesn’t have a clue. When all is revealed, will everything be okay? You just have to read it and find out.
6. Secondary characters – Steven, I loved him. He is only trying to protect his sister but the heart wants, what the heart wants. Emma and Zach were destined to be together. Steven also is a really good friend to Zach and I really liked how Ms. Malone dealt with the secret with him. He wasn’t a douche or an **shat. She could have gone either way but I’m glad that she went the way she did.
This book has all the feels that I love. Plus, I love how Ms. Malone writes her tropes. They aren’t the tried and true because of the spin that puts into them. I have the other books in the series and I’ve started reading them. Do yourself a favor and pick them up. You won’t be disappointed. But then again, Ms. Malone never disappoints with me.
FREE for a limited time!
Free in Kindle Unlimited
USA Today bestselling author Nana Malone’s love of all things romance and adventure started with a tattered romantic suspense novel she “borrowed” from her cousin.
It was a sultry summer afternoon in Ghana, and Nana was a precocious thirteen. She’s been in love with kick-butt heroines ever since. With her overactive imagination constantly channeling her inner Buffy, it was only a matter a time before she started creating her own characters.
While she waits for her chance at a job as a ninja assassin, Nana works out her drama, passion and sass with fictional characters every bit as brazen and kick-butt as she thinks she is.