Yes, its my birthday. I’m not ashamed to say it either. I’m 47 years young today. No big plans since I have no life. Hubs works from 7-7 today and our son has scouts at 7 pm. Needless to say, nothing special. I’ll be reviewing some books for the site but other than that…zip, nada, nothing. I would like to share some things that you might know about me. Some might be shockers but some…if you know me at all, won’t be. Meanwhile, send money, beer and the following: Chris Pine, Karl Urban, Kevin Costner, Robert Downey, Jr., Chris Evans, Zachary Levi, Nathan Fillion, George Eads or Jon Bon Jovi. I’d be much appreciative. 🙂
Anywoos…lately or I should say about a month ago on Facebook, the 14 Things You don’t Know about me made the rounds. Well, I put mine out there but I realized that I had few more thing to share about myself. So here is the original list and a couple of others.
1. Growing up I wanted to dance on Broadway. Fame, West Side Story and the movie The Chorus Line were my inspirations. Sadly when I tried out for the Kilgore Rangerettes (Texas), I was too short.
2. I’ve met Ozzy Osbourne, Zak Wylde, Ace Frehley, Pantera, and Drowning Pool. That was back in my rocker days. Sadly, I miss the music but not the scene. I buried two people and it was awful.
3. The hockey players that I have met are too long to list. I worked for the Dallas Stars Hockey Club from 1999-2004. I do have a cousin that married to Keith Tkachuk. He’s a great guy to talk to. When we met after a hockey game, it was like NO SHIT! We sat and talked for hours. Do I miss it? Not really but I do miss going to games. Its hard when you live in the sticks.
4. Refer to #2 & #3 and that’s why I don’t read these kind of romances for review. I had good and bad memories and they sometimes cause triggers.
5. I married when I was 37 and had my one child at 38. My husband is 7 years younger than me. LOL!
6. People are always surprised when I tell them I hate the Dallas Cowboys. I worked for Bum Bright when he sold them to Jerry Jones. Jones is ***** and he fired Tom Landry. Yep, hated them ever since. Yes, I’m that old. 🙂
7. When I meet Peyton Manning and Archie Manning at a lunch in Dallas, I damn near fainted. In fact, Archie asked me if I was okay. LOL!
8. I have ZERO confidence in myself. I’m my worst motivator. Comes from years of emotional put downs from people in my family. Long story..
9. I can cook but can’t bake. Unless it’s from a box. Sad but true!
10. I lived most of my married life in small towns.
11. I was diagnosed a Type 2 diabetic almost 3 years ago. My sugars have never been over 150 and I’ve lost 60 pounds.
12. My writing dream is to be published by Harlequin. I know, right?
13. My guilty pleasure is Zebra Cakes from Little Debbie. My vice is cigarettes. And yes, I need to quit. Sadly, I don’t drink anymore.
14. We named our son after a hockey player and football player. Brian Leetch, New York Rangers and Earl Campbell, Houston Oilers.
15. I love classical music. Yes, I’m a headbanger but I have played the piano since I was about 3 yrs old and violin since I was 8. I have also sang in choirs since I was young. I sing First Alto. My inspiration for the piano was Elton John and Billy Joel. Charlie Daniels was my inspiration for the violin. I still tear up when I hear the Alleluia Chorus by Handel. I sang it so much that I can just break out singing. In fact, my dad and I did over Thanksgiving. My son was impressed and embarrassed at the same time. Score one for momma!
16. I worked in the corporate world for over 25 years. Sadly, no one wants someone with my experience anymore. 🙁 I’m an old IBM’er, JC Penney corporate (women’s division) and banking.
17. I love Marvel and DC Comics. My favorites are Superman, Batman, Captain America and Thor. And yes, I can’t wait for the movie Superman vs. Batman. My favorite Batman: tie between Michael Keaton and Christian Bale. Superman: Christopher Reeve. Don’t get me wrong Henry was AWESOME but no one played Superman better than Chris. He defined the super hero role for everyone else.
18. I have two nicknames from my husband: Cliff (from Cheers) and Monica (from Friends). He He!
19. I hate being cold. My idea temp would be around 85 with a breeze. I live in Texas so I might have one day like that. LOL!
20. Are you bored yet?
Thanks for hanging out with me today.
7 thoughts on “Happy Birthday to the old lady! Yes, Harlie’s old!”
Happy birthday, Harlie! You can’t be old, because I’m 9 years older than you, and I don’t feel old, lol.
Between us, we’d be great in the kitchen – I can bake but am not a very good cook.
Hope you had a happy one!
Belated birthday wishes. I hope you had a good day 🙂
I’ve got 10 years on you girlie, so you can’t possibly be old…that would make me, what, ancient?
I didn’t do the things you might not know because I’ve been busy working, sewing gifts for the family, and baking/making dinners again. Quit my second job, so now I’m home at nights, family expects dinners again. I’ve been trying lots of new recipes. Some they like, some they don’t.
But I really enjoyed reading your “secrets”! Yes, living in a small town really cuts down on the activities you can attend, as does not making 2 full-time incomes. But you know what? You have a loving husband, a son you adore, and the time to be a big part of his life at a time when he’ll remember that. When he’s growing his own facial hair, you’ll be so glad you were around to be at his games and be a part of his scouting activities. (Trust me on that…all 3 of my boys are shaving daily now.)
Besides, with your younger husband to keep you happy, you’ve got it going on! So enjoy having a happy day to yourself. The other part of your life is all of your friends here…we love ya! You’re a truly supportive, caring friend. One of the best. So I’m celebrating your birthday too because my life has been enriched for knowing you.
Happy day to you!
*cries* I love you too.
47 is a wonderful number and I love that your birth date is the year I was born! Always remember as the years pass that you’re not getting older – you’re just getting better!
Love love LOVE my friend 🙂 Happy Birthday sunshine!
Happy Birthday, Harlie. Things are bound to get better. Wishing for you all good things.