By Lisa Andres
Genre: Romance – Sports
Romance – New Adult & College
Blurb: Jesse Dubicki learned to channel all of his pent up rage into his fists.
Now, he’s just hired one of the best coaches in the world to help him succeed in becoming a top MMA fighter.
Carissa Hart is a woman that has seen more in her young life than many people will in their lifetime. She’s finally on her own two feet and determined not to let anyone hurt her again.
Jesse’s been abandoned by everyone that he’s ever loved.
Carissa has been abused by everyone that she’s ever loved.
They are inexplicably drawn to each other.
Neither of them wants to be hurt again.
Will their relationship survive when a shocking secret from Jesse’s past threatens to change their life forever?
“Listen, I have a little tradition after my fights in town that I go to Dubicki’s after and see my family. I either celebrate or commiserate with the locals. Any chance you would want to go with me tonight?”
“Wow. Jesse, that’s really sweet, but, honestly, I’m still digesting what just happened. It might be a bit soon to meet your family.”
“Carissa, honestly, I decided the night that I met you that you would be mine. You can meet them now, or you can meet them later, but you will meet my family.”
She bit back her smile at his bravado. His announcement to her was a little shocking, but something in it connected to her. As long as he didn’t force himself on her, she would go with the flow of things. She wasn’t ready to leave him just yet, so she decided to go with him. She tried not to be nervous about meeting the family before they’d even had their first date. She kept telling herself it was crazy, or, at the very least, it all felt a little surreal. If it was a dream, she didn’t want to wake up.
Top ten things you don’t know about me:
1. Cotton or Silk? Cotton. I’m mostly practical; it’s my characters that might like silk.
Beer: today, tomorrow and always. In another life, I’d be a craft beer brewer.
3. Plotter/pantser – both. Dubicki’s was a panster. Guarded Heart was a little bit of both. The next book is going to be outlined well before I sit down to write it.
4. Describe your workspace – I have a desk with my laptop hooked up to a 21 inch monitor so I can see it better when I write. It’s next to a bookshelf so I can see lots of my books, and to my right is a little kitty tree since my cats seem to love to be near me when I’m writing.
5. Sports fan or just tolerate it? I love watching pro sports: Football, Baseball, Hockey, mostly. I’m a Minnesota Vikings Fan, Boston Red Sox and Bruins for baseball and hockey. It’s complicated; I’ve lived in both Minnesota and Massachusetts. My boyfriend is from Chicago, so sports rivalries in my house are alive and well. During the 2013 Stanley Cup hockey final with the Chicago Blackhawks and Boston Bruins, we had to make a no breakup rule because of all the things we scream during the games.
- Who is your biggest influence on writing? Every author I’ve ever loved. Karen Marie Moning’s Fever series is among my favorite books, and I’ve loved Nora Roberts for as long as I can remember. Now that I’m reading lots of books by other indie authors I love seeing the way they write. I know that when I read other books I’m doing a little bit of research whether I know it or not.
7. Favorite food – I don’t eat red meat; I just went to Chicago to spend a week with my boyfriend’s family and that was the upset of the week. As far as favoritesfoods go, I’d say probably seafood like lobster or shrimp. I have a huge sweet tooth and love cookies. My previous favorite having been Oreos which I gave up three years ago when I did Weight Watchers online and lost 40 pounds. Now I stick to 100 calorie cookie packs, which is better than a life without cookies.
8. When did you start writing? I’ve been writing since I was about fourteen years old (I’m 41, now). I wanted to write a YA novel at that time, I just didn’t know how to follow through with it. I’ve always been reader and that naturally evolved to being a writer.
I have been reading a lot since I was young. Somehow I started to read Stephen King, Dean Koontz and the like in about the sixth grade. I was scared that Gage from Stephen King’s Pet Sematary was going to pop out of my closet for a long time. That eventually led to my reading focus being romance because I realized that there was usually a happy ending, which I prefer.
9. If money were no object, where would you like to live? I’d have several homes.
- Minneapolis – Where my immediate family and friends are
- Boston – where I’ve lived, love and have many friends
- Chicago – to be near my boyfriend’s family
- Maui, Hawaii – I’d love to have a condo there to escape to in the winter
- Paris, France – I’ve been there once and love Paris.
10. What’s next for you? As far as fiction writing, I’m going to write my first paranormal romance which will be out in early 2015. That will be followed by the third book in the Dubicki’s series featuring Dana, Carissa’s best friend from Guarded Heart.
Lisa Andres is an author of both Metaphysical and Romance books. She’s currently working on her next Metaphysical book: Indigo Warrior – A Guide for Indigo Adults & Parents of Indigo Children which will be out in the summer of 2014.
The third book in the Dubicki’s series featuring Dana, Carissa’s best friend from Guarded Heart, is planned for release in January 2015.
Lisa lives near Minneapolis, Minnesota with her boyfriend and three cats.
https://twitter.com/LisaAndres or @lisaandres
One thought on “Author Interview of Lisa Andres featuring Guarded Heart”