By Kimberly Quinton
An Old Threat Returns….
After twenty years confinement on an island for crimes against humanity, the last thing disgraced H.E.R.O. Cole wants to hear is the world needs him. But the government’s sexy envoy peaks his interest and his honor.
Enhanced human and the government’s top negotiator, Caroline Sparks’ only mission is to bring in the last H.E.R.O. at any cost. When he asks for two months with her on his island when the mission is over, she can’t refuse even if it means exposing a secret he might kill her over.
Battle to save the world….
With disaster looming at every turn, Cole must choose between vengeance and duty. Can Caroline embrace her latent power and save her hero or will saving the world cost them both everything?
Hero Worship from Decadent Publishing
Exclusively first at All Romance ebooks ! http://www.allromanceebooks.com/storeSearch.html
Super Hero Romance
29k words, heat level: 3 flames
Barnes and Noble http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/hero-worship-kimberly-quinton/1118705971?ean=2940148252689
* * * * * *
Welcome Kimberly Quinton! Please start off by telling us a little about yourself.
Hi! Thanks so much for hosting me today! I’m a newbie author and a stay at home mom of two young boys. I’ve learned a lot from my writing and I think other writers can. I’m an excellent procrastinator. I can clean a kitchen and bathroom when I’m on deadline like a pro. I find reasons to try new cocktails when I have a blog to write or, like today, plan a completely new garden for my backyard. The funny part is that gardening is almost useless in North Texas unless you really know what you’re doing—and I don’t.
Is Hero Worship a single title, or part of a series? It is a single title novella, but I had so much fun writing a superhero that I want to visit his world again!
What were your inspirations for the story? I’m a geek and I love superheroes in comics, cartoons, movies and books. It was only a matter of time before I tried to write one too. I read a lot of paranormal romance! The popularity of superhero movies over the past few years had me so inspired, I had to write one.
Please share your setting for Hero Worship.
I set Hero Worship in the near future earth. The places referenced are real, but set in the future and with some enhancements.
When did the writing bug first bite?
I have always made up stories, but they were for my personal entertainment. I didn’t think about sharing anything and actually writing the stories down until I was in my late twenties and from the first page, I was hooked.
Who are you favorite authors, book/series? For paranormal, my favorites are Nalini Singh, Sherrilyn Kenyon, and Heather Long. I have many other’s I love- but that’s a quick definite favorites list.
If you could have an author roundtable discussion with any authors, who would you invite?
I follow a lot of authors on twitter and facebook and the ones that sound the most fun and would be awesome at a girls night out are Dakota Cassidy, Kristan Higgins, Jill Shalvis. They crack me up on a daily basis!
Do you have any hobbies or special things you like to do in your spare time? I love to cook~ almost became a personal chef. And I really, really want to garden. I try, I grow things for a while and then I kill them. Not on purpose, it just happens.
What’s the strangest thing you’ve heard or seen? Recently I watched an episode of The Daily Show with John Stewart with Michio Kaku talking about brain research where it might be possible in the future to download someone’s memories onto a chip in their brain and also upload memories onto a chip in their brain. Possibly giving an Alzheimer patient their memories back. That stuff is freaking amazing!
Enjoy the following excerpt for Hero Worship:
“Look, princess, I don’t have a knight-in-shining-armor side. You need to get around to my real side.”
Caroline’s teeth clicked together at princess; her tongue barely escaped the sharp edges before she forced another breath through her nose.
“And what side would that be? Your, I-want-my-own-island-and-the-rest-of- the-world-can-rot, side? Or how about your, I-need-a-new-woman-every-couple- weeks, side? Which one of those should I appeal to?”
Her voice sounded strange to her ears, thick with frustration and on the brink of screeching. I never raise my voice. Pursing her lips against the tremble, she gripped the edge of her seat, doing her best to ignore his wide smirk. She needed this conversation under her control.
He leaned back and tilted his head to look beneath the table, eyeing her legs. She stiffened but didn’t move further at his perusal of her from head to chest and back. A negotiator couldn’t be easily offended.
“Definitely my I-need-a-new-woman-every-couple-weeks, side. You could be that woman.”
“What?” Incredulity tightened her throat and her words sputtered out in a breathy puff. “Are you insane?”
“Depends on who you ask.” He winked; a suggestive tilt broadened his smile.
No way in hell. She squashed the butterflies that flapped in her belly, determined to ignore the temptation of his sun-kissed shoulders and golden abs, each muscle defined like a sculpted masterpiece. A perfect Hero. Physically. Too bad, of all the Heroes, only he remained.
Caroline cleared her throat. “I’m here to negotiate your chance at freedom, not feed your lascivious appetites.”
“Okay. Tell the AG the offer is rejected.”
“Millions of lives are at risk. We can’t combat a cyborg army under the control of a terrorist on our own.”
“Not my problem.” “You used to be a hero. Now you’re heartless and cruel—pathetic.” Caroline searched his face for a reaction, anything to tell her she’d gotten to him. He gave nothing but a shrug under a steady gaze. Her insults seemed to roll right off him.
“Your brethren would be ashamed.”
A flash of violence passed through his eyes as he thrust forward, shoulders raised, in a shift from nonchalant to coiled aggression, ready to strike at the next provocation. Here was the vengeance that cost a dozen citizens their lives and damages in the billions to government assets. She struggled not to react, but anger surged inside her, smothering her self-protective instincts.
* * * * * *
I know that I crowned a book recently as the best book that I’ve read all year but I need to adjust that. Yes, the book I deemed the best is the best book. But it was a straight NA contemporary and it was the BEST.BREAKUP.BOOK ever.
Ms. Quinton’s Hero Worship truly is the BEST.BOOK.OF. 2014 for Harlie. I’ll give you the top three reasons why:
1. I don’t read sci/fi romance. I should since I love Stars Wars and Star Trek. I’m more visual when it comes to sci/fi. I have to “see” it on a screen. I’m weird…deal with it.
2. It has a superhero as the hero. 🙂 With an attitude…a bad ass attitude.
3. It had cyborgs! Resistance is futile! I miss the Cyborg Queen…
Okay, now that I’ve totally geeked out on you…on with the review.
My top reasons why I LOVED this book:
1. The airplane scene when Caroline and Cole are leaving his island. Dang…I wish I could do that. 😉 Read it and you will understand.
2. Cole is the anti hero in the beginning but once he realizes the real reason why he was brought in, his humanity kicks in and takes over. Plus, he will do anything to keep Caroline safe-not matter what the cost.
3. Caroline is an extremely self sufficient heroine. She doesn’t need a man to take care of her. Too bad the brain implant thinks differently. I loved how her logical (implant) and her emotions waged war in her mind. It was fascinating to read. I completely understood where she was coming from in terms of her hero-worship as a child. Unfortunately, she is a woman now with wants and needs. A complex but relatable character.
4. The action never stopped in the book. It was suspenseful, action packed and gripping. There were times in the book that never caught my breath. Okay, maybe one scene but that’s pretty much it. And it was a great ride to be on.
5. I never figured out anything until it was reveled. I normally figured out stuff but Ms. Quinton kept me on my toes and made me question some things. Love it! I want to be surprised and I was.
6. I’ve read Ms. Quinton’s books before and they were sweet, emotional involving tales. She completely took my breath away with Hero Worship. It wasn’t a book that I normally would have read because it was out of my comfort zone. I truly was blown away by the action, dialogue, emotionally charged characters–Cole and Caroline and yes, the airplane scene in the beginning. Trust me on that one peeps!
7. There is a true villain to hate. He’s not cookie cutter either. He shares a history with Cole.
8. This is spicier than Ms. Quinton’s other books but your mother could read it. Plus, again the airplane scene would be a great dialogue starter in a book club… *wink wink*
9. Did I mention that I love superheroes? No…only 29 days until Captain America: The Winter Solider hits theaters. Woot!
I’m telling you…you need to read Hero Worship. Its not what you think and you won’t be lost in a bunch of techie talk that you can’t follow. Plus, come on! It has a superhero, a heroine that can hold her own and an ending that is not to be missed.
About the Author:
Whether she’s writing contemporary or paranormal romance, Kimberly Quinton is a romantic at heart who strives to tell stories about the power of true love.
Since a teen, she’s loved romances and believes we can all live our happily-ever-after. Always a people watcher, it wasn’t until Kimberly shucked her Accounting major for Anthropology that her interest in people and cultures was nurtured. Kimberly has combined her natural curiosity (nosiness) with her love of romance for the sake of bringing the movies in her head to life on the page.
A wife and mother of two, Kimberly spends her days chasing chores, wrangling active kids, and writing. She also enjoys traveling, cooking, great wine and sharing a laugh with friends and family.
You can usually find her on Facebook or Twitter. Stop by for a chat.
Kimberly is giving away a $30 Amazon Gift Card
to 1 lucky winner !!
4 thoughts on “Author Interview of Kimberly Quinton! Plus, Review of Hero Worship”
If you read the interview.. the sentence should end with “relate”… Typos suck… Sorry. 🙁
Thank you! You just made my year!! I’m so happy you enjoyed it!! Woot! Happy, Happy… And I will save this as my first glowing review to remind me to write the next book!
I loved this world. Loved everything about it. 🙂
Thanks so much for hosting Kimberly today and what a fantastic post it was. 5 stars is awesome and BEST OF 2014!!! Kimberly you rock !