Sleepy Hollow isn’t so sleepy anymore…
One night, New York FBI agent Aiden Mahoney receives a visitor in a dream—an old friend named Richard Highsmith. The very next day he’s sent to Sleepy Hollow because Richard’s gone missing there.
Maureen—Mo—Deauville now lives in the historic town and works with her dog, Rollo, to search for missing people. She’s actually the one to find Richard…or more precisely his head, stuck on a statue of the legendary Headless Horseman.
Mo and Aiden, a new member of the Krewe of Hunters, the FBI’s unit of paranormal investigators, explore both past and present events to figure out who betrayed Richard, who killed him and now wants to kill them, too. As they work together, they discover that they share an unusual trait—the ability to communicate with the dead. They also share an attraction that’s as intense as it is unexpected…if they live long enough to enjoy it!
I will admit that it was a been too long since I’ve read a Heather Graham book and I didn’t know what to expect jumping into the series like I did. I’m glad I did but I did have some issues with it.
1. The plot itself was really suspenseful. She can write a suspense book. No problem there.
2. The mystery and plot points will keep you guessing until the bitter end. Wow!
3. The romance felt off for some reason. I didn’t feel their connection and then wham…Aiden loves Mo. It just felt weird.
4. The setting…Sleepy Hollow. Perfect for Halloween and the setting itself is a character.
5. Again, with the twist and turns…beautifully done.
While I felt the romance was a bit off, I would highly recommend Heather Graham for your mystery/suspense reading. Plus the added touch of the paranormal. She’s not too heavy handed with it but it’s there and I loved it.
And one last thing…I really need to get it together with this series. I remember reading the first couple of books and then got busy. 🙁 I don’t feel like you have to read the other stories to under this one.