On Tour with Prism Book Tours.
Must they always be continents apart?
Nobody expects Paris fashion designer Grace Railton to settle down in her Indiana town, least of all Mica Barzonni. Fifteen months ago, he turned to her for comfort and compassion following a farming accident that left him permanently injured. Then she returned to France and went silent on him.
Until, suddenly, Grace shows up on his doorstep with life-altering news. Mica, a father? He’s barely learned to navigate his postaccident life. But this could be his chance to become the man he’s always wanted to be—the husband and father Grace and their baby son need. Now Mica just has to convince her to stay.
Okay, I’m just going to say it. This is Ms. Lanigan’s best book. Yes, best book. If you can get past the awesome cuteness on the cover, the inside is pretty spectacular also. Don’t get me wrong, all of her books are good but this one stands out; especially for the line that it is written for. Let me explain:
- The plot is pretty standard but what Ms. Lanigan does with it is brilliant. The hero, Mica, is physically wounded and reading about how it doesn’t deal with and then deals with it is relatable. Sure he wallows in pity but once he realizes that he is a father, the light bulb comes in and makes for some pretty funny scenes with the baby.
- Gorilla Tape – I was having flashbacks during this scene. When our son broke his wrist, my husband used zip ties to put the plastic bag on his arm so our son could take a bath. Needless to say, they were cutting off the blood flow and my husband panicked. Our son thought it was hilarious.
- Grace is a strong woman. She never comes off as weak unless she is kissing Mica. 😉 But what sets her apart is that even though her life is in Paris, she realizes what she has missed with her life. Friends, family and a sense of calmness that she doesn’t get in Paris.
- The clothes in the closet. Oh my, I would still give my right arm for a Chanel dress. My grandmother used to dress in couture and I still have some of the pieces that she wore before she died. Can I wear them? Nope, but I do like to take them out and touch them every now and again. Plus, who wouldn’t kill for a closet like that?
- The Barzonni family. I just love them as a whole and it was nice to hear Mrs. Barzonni’s true feelings about what love means to her and how it shaped her life and her children. She doesn’t mince words with Mica and he needed to hear it.
- While the plot is standard in places, Ms. Lanigan’s writing and ability to make us feel for Mica and Grace and what is holding them back is great. These two will frustrate you because they are so in love with each other and won’t admit it. Plus, add in their stubbornness and it made for great reading.
- This book is very fast paced. Usually, Heartwarming stories have a slower pace but not this one. This story grabs you from the beginning and then before you know it, its over. I don’t like when I book this good is over. I actually read it in one sitting.
I know that a “sweet” book isn’t for everyone but you really need to read Ms. Lanigan’s books. This is a second chance romance and it was fun watching Mica and Grace dance around each other, try to be parents and fall back in love with each other. Overall, this is the best book in the series and her best book…PERIOD! Pick it up and you’re welcome.
Other Books in the Series
About the Author
Catherine Lanigan is the international bestselling and award-winning author of forty published titles in both fiction and non-fiction, including the novelizations of Romancing the Stone and The Jewel of the Nile, as well as over half a dozen anthologies, including “Chicken Soup for the Soul: Living your Dream”, “Chicken Soup for the Writer’s Soul”, and more. Ms. Lanigan’s novels have been translated into dozens of languages including German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, Chinese, and Japanese. Ms. Lanigan’s novels are also available in E-books on Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble.com, Apple Store, Mobi and Kobo. Several of her titles have been chosen for The Literary Guild and Doubleday Book Clubs. Her Vietnam war-based novel, The Christmas Star, won the Gold Medal Award Top Pick from Romantic Times Magazine and has also won Book of the Year Romance Gold Award from ForeWord Magazine as well as Book of the Year Romance from Reader’s Preference.
Lanigan is the author of a trilogy of non- fiction books regarding angelic intervention in human life: Angel Watch, Divine Nudges and Angel Tales published by HCI and Cedar Fort. Skyhorse published Lanigan’s “how-to” book on writing: Writing the Great American Romance Novel. Lanigan was tasked by the NotMYkid Foundation to write a non-fiction book addressing teen addictions. Ms. Lanigan’s first Young Adult adventure novel, The Adventures of Lillie and Zane: The Golden Flute, was published by Cedar Fort.
Currently, she has published eight novels in the Shores of Indian Lake series for Harlequin Heartwarming: Love Shadows, Heart’s Desire, A Fine Year for Love, Katia’s Promise, Fear of Falling, Sophie’s Path and Protecting the Single Mom. Family of His Own pubs July, 2016. She has recently contracted for one more in the series: His Baby Dilemma.
As a cancer survivor, Ms. Lanigan is a frequent speaker at literary functions and book conventions as well as inspiring audiences with her real stories of angelic intervention from her Angel Tales series of books. She is an outspoken advocate for domestic violence and abuse and was honored by The National Domestic Violence Hotline in Washington, D.C. (THE EVOLVING WOMAN). She has been a guest on numerous radio programs including “Coast to Coast” and on television interview and talk show programs as well as blogs, podcasts and online radio interview programs.
Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews
underneath the covers
Thoughts of a Blonde
Mello & June, It’s a Book Thang!
Hearts & Scribbles
Reading Is My SuperPower
It’s all About the Romance
Janices Book Reviews
Deal Sharing Aunt
Inside the Mind of an Avid Reader
I Am A Reader
Jorie Loves A Story
Book Lover in Florida
Rockin’ Book Reviews
Nicole’s Book Musings
December 9th: Grand Finale
– 1 winner will receive a $50 Amazon eGift Card and a Prize Pack that includes: autographed copies of Family of His Own and Katia’s Promise, a gold edged Paris latte mug, and hand soap in a pretty pump bottle (prize pack to US only, if international winner then gift card only)
– 1 winner will receive an ebook of Family of His Own (open internationally)
– Ends December 13th