Series: Girls On Top Series
Author: Yara Greathouse
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Release Date: May 18, 2015
Photography: Erin Dawn Photography
What happens when a stranger takes everything from you in the blink of an eye? When your life goes from perfection to hell and you aren’t sure if you want to climb out of the hole you’re in or dig down deeper?
Events from Traxx Maxwell’s past prevent him from getting into serious relationships and he likes it that way. One unexpected day, hell breaks loose. “The Incident” happens. Traxx is forced to watch something that no one should ever see. He starts to fall into a person that no one recognizes. There is darkness moving within him – he is broken inside.
While she’s waiting for Traxx to quit his slutty ways and really notice her, Ciara Collins is dating other guys and having fun. One unexpected day “The Incident” takes over Traxx’s life. While he tries to push everyone away, Ciara refuses to retreat. Can she help him put his fractured life back together or will he have to remain this shattered shell, completely dismantled?
And just when life seems somewhat bearable, the creepers who have been quietly observing and enjoying Traxx’s suffering, have decided to take everything away from him – once and for all.
This is a story about how the unexpected can make someone’s life fall into pieces, and how unconditional love and friendship can help those who are dismantled become whole again.
So, I signed up to read this forgetting that’s a New Adult book. Gah! As most know, I don’t “do” NA books. Too much angst for me since I loved my 20’s. So I thought to myself hopefully I won’t throw the Kindle, delete the file, pour bleach in my eyes and then email the tour company saying that I just couldn’t finish it.
Sweet baby, OMG! Am I ever glad that I read this book. Wanna know why? Will let me list the ways:
1. Ciara!!!! She is one of the strongest heroine’s that I’ve read in a long time. YA/NA/Adult. She is NOT TSTL, doesn’t need saving and she can definitely hold her own. Even with Traxx, which isn’t easy at times. I would sit and have a beer with her.
2. Traxx!!! It was actually nice to see the hero have to be saved from the heroine. It was refreshing and didn’t make him a weak man because of it. Because of the “incident” he truly needed Ciara to pull him back to what he was beforehand.
3. The suspense element was spot on for this NA. Not too heavy but not to light hearted. There is a tragic story that takes place and the journey to make it back in one piece.
4. Secondary characters that are richly drawn and not just window dressing or plot devices. They serve a purpose to the story and I would love to hear more about them in the future.
5. Going back to Ciara and Traxx…Ms. Greathouse wrote them so well that I felt like I was a part of them in the end. I hated to let go of them. Wonderfully written and multilayered. Again, in my opinion, that’s not the norm in NA books. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve read some wonderful NA books but this book is the best so far.
6. Character growth is a big thing for me. I want to see my characters grow within themself and then with each other. Ciara and Traxx did this for me and it was wonderful to watch.
So if you wondering if I like the book, I LOVED this book. Its the second book in a series but its stands alone. Will I go back and get the first book? You bet. I’ve been told that Ms. Greathouse writes the most wonderful heroine’s and that’s just what I want to read in a New Adult book.
Yara Greathouse likes to write contemporary romance dashed with elements of suspense. She grew up in Dominican Republic, moved to the Unites States at the age of 17 and served in the US Army. Always an animated storyteller, she finally gave into her friends’ requests for her to write. Her first series, “Girls On Top” is about strong female lead characters and the sexy alpha males who love them.
She currently resides in Texas, but calls Georgia her “home” state. She lives with her husband, has two boys, a dog (Hank) and a cat (Mollie) who acts like a spoiled child. Her days are dedicated to a job she loves as a Business Analyst, and during her free time she writes, takes care of her family, and indulges on her love of reading, cooking and travel. She loves to hear from readers, bloggers and other authors. You can find her at: