This post is part of a virtual book tour organized by Goddess Fish Promotions. Sydney will be awarding a $25 Amazon GC to a randomly drawn winner via the rafflecopter at the end of this post. Please click the tour banner to see the complete list of other stops.
Jaimie Newberry is jobless, her rent is due, and her cat just died. On top of that, she was accused of embezzling before she was fired. When her friend invites her for a weekend of kinky fairytale role playing, she agrees to go as Cinderella. What has she got to lose when sex with a handsome prince is involved?
CEO Bryce Langston needs to know if Jamie is innocent of embezzlement or just very clever. He arranges for her to be his weekend sub but soon realizes the pretty scullery maid is naïve to the BDSM lifestyle. As her prince and her Dom, he intends to not only learn the truth but to make sure she has a fantasy come true.
Enjoy an excerpt:
“What are you thinking?”
Flushing at his question, which sounded more like a demand, Jaimie wrinkled her nose. “I’m thinking that you have a very fine ass.”
He lifted a brow. “Eager to begin?”
When nervous or excited, Jaimie’s lips twitched on her left side, which made her a horrible poker player. Her lips were twitching now. “I’ve never—”
“I know,” he interrupted. “Let’s get back to business.” He flicked his wrist, and an envelope landed neatly on the table in front of her.
A bit put out by his abruptness, Jaimie lifted a brow but reached for the envelope. She eyed her partner warily.
“That is the result of my blood work, assuring you of my clean bill of health. I’ve seen yours.”
Jaimie scanned the single sheet of paper, noting that the name had been blacked out. She set it down. “Okay, what now?”
“Let’s talk about your sex life. I read the questionnaire you filled out and understand you’re game for a bit of light BDSM.”
“What?” The spit in Jaimie’s mouth dried. “What do you mean by light BDSM?” She was going to kill Lucy. She’d assumed many of the men and women she’d seen earlier were into some kinky stuff, but there’d been others wearing normal costumes. Like her.
“Dominant and submissive role playing.”
“Roles? As in I’m Cinderella and you’re the Prince?”
His lips curved in amusement. “Not quite. I am a Dominant who requires a submissive. I am your Dom and you are my sub. Those are our roles for the weekend.”
Jaimie stood. Yep. Her friend deserved a slow, torturous death. “I think there’s been a misunderstanding. I’m not into kinky sex or pain. I agreed to a weekend of free food, being waited on, and having sex with my prince charming.”
Okay, this is the third time that I have tried to write my review for this story so I’ll be brief. Well, not too brief but its late. BUY/READ THIS BOOK!!!
Top Ten reasons why I LOVED this book:
1. The Cover and the characters. Cinderella is my favorite Princess of all time and yes, I still cry when she gets her Prince.
2. Cosplay with BDSM. Haven’t read that in a while and boy, did Ms. St. Claire nail it. Pleasure Manor run by a Dom and Domme. Oh and NO its NOT a typical BDSM club. It’s almost like Fantasy Island without the creepy Tatoo.
3. I want a carriage and glass slippers.
4. Don’t let the word “Dom” scare you. This isn’t about dungeons or anything hard-core at all. In fact, the only hard-core thing is the sex itself. Oh it’s beyond hawt but there is a point to it. Read the excerpt above and you will understand.
5. The story is about Jaimie finding her sexuality and sticking to her work ethics. She’s not a push over and the end scene with Bryce was awesome.
6. Bryce is patient, kind and let Jaimie figure out her body, her mind and her heart on her own. He wasn’t the typical Dom Douche.
7. I’m a tropey kind of girl and Ms. St. Claire used one of my favorites: boss/employee. Woot! Trust me, there is a twist.
8. Warning: D/s, spanking, voyeurism and exhibitionism. Holy moly…the voyerism scene outside…jeez, I haven’t read anything that hot in a long time. 🙂 But I could also understand Jaimie’s WTF at first. It was a bit weird.
9. The dialogue between Jaimie and Bryce is never forced. Even when they are having sex. Its organic and natural for them. Honestly, I would be friends with both of them.
10. So when’s the next one coming out.
No, seriously, I didn’t know what to expect when I picked the book up but I’m sure glad that I read it. Love, loved, LOVED this book and will wait impatiently for the next one to come out.
*apolgies but my graphics aren’t working right now*
A Recommended Read
Sydney St. Claire is the pseudonym of Susan Edwards, author of 14 Historical Native American/Western/Paranormal romances and the author of the popular “White” Series. During her career, she has been nominated for the Romantic Times Career Achievement Award for Western Historical and Reviewer’s Choice Best Book Award.
Sydney loves writing and sharing stories of love, happiness and dreams come true with her readers. She credits her mother for her writing as she was encouraged to read as a child and preferred happy endings which meant romances were her favorite genre. When the writing bug bit, she followed the sensible advice to “write what you know” and has been writing and publishing her stories since!
Sydney takes her readers into the world of erotica romance where her characters come together in explosive passion as they solve life’s problems and find true love along with the best sex our hero and heroine have ever experienced.
Sydney resides in California. Her office is quite crowded with two small dogs at her feet, another huge girl in her recliner and five cats to keep her company while she writes. Three cats always insist on beds on her desk, barely leaving enough room for her monitor and keyboard. Life gets fun when all five insist on supervising…
When not writing, she enjoys crafts of all sorts including quilting, sewing, cross-stitch and knitting. Knitting and crochet are her current passions. She and her husband of 30 + years are avid gardeners. He takes care of the veggies, and Susan is in charge of the ‘pretties’. Her medicine wheel garden is in a contact state of war: flowers vs. weeds. Sadly, right now the weeds are wining…
Camping, fishing, biking and hiking (when not hot) are other outdoor pursuits she and her husband enjoy. She is of course, an avid reader and hates cooking and housework. While writing, she listens to a wide variety of music, including Neil Diamond, Celtic, Native American, New Age, Classical, and mood music (bagpipes and howling wolves drive my family nuts). Her current favorites are Blackmore’s Night and David Lanz.