by Sarai Henderson
Evernight Teen / 56K
Sixteen-year-old Hunter belongs to the Telepathic Alliance for the Latent or Newly manifested, otherwise known as Talon, a bounty hunter community known for their ruthless tactics. Her latest mission in San Diego was supposed to be a piece of cake, but when the job takes a treacherous and deadly turn, not even her telepathic abilities could have warned her of the dangers lurking around the corner.
There is only one place for Hunter to go, and that is straight into the hands of the government and their Psychic Intelligence Team, but even the “normal” world isn’t safe. With each passing hour throwing her deeper into the game of life and death, Hunter must decide who to trust before this mission becomes her last.
14+ due to adult situations
I pulled my hood up over my head as the rain began to pour from the skies and bounce off the sidewalk in a serene rhythm. My hands were shaking from the adrenaline that surged through my body. The hunt never got old. “All right, Bear. I’m in pursuit of the mark. Get ready.”
“About time, slow poke.” He chuckled to himself, but I wasn’t amused. Dawn had put me in a bad mood and it would take a while for it to wear off. If only he was close enough to punch, maybe I would feel better.
The sidewalk turned a corner sending me into a crowded marketplace where the people bumped shoulders more often than not. The smell of fish hit me like a ton of bricks making me crinkle my nose in disgust. There was nothing I hated more than seafood. Well, maybe large cities with all the loud voices in my head, but fish was a close second.
I dug my hands deep into my jeans pockets to keep them from shaking. Anxiety from listening to the varied streams of consciousness coursed through my body. I had to concentrate.
Dawn’s presence was moving closer through the crowd, I could feel it. Her thoughts told me that she didn’t like fish much either but this was where her contact had told her to meet him. My heart skipped a beat with the mention of another person around, possibly a telepath. Great, we didn’t have much time.
“Bear,” I shouted into the com. “She’s here to meet someone and it sounds like they’re going to send her into hiding. I need you close by. This is happening now.”
- The head and the heart – Another Story https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyn9kmuIwqA
- Home – Marc Broussard https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuWPseegaKw
- Hey Brother – Avicii https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cp6mKbRTQY
- See you again – Charlie Puth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLbG1HmfBIk or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgKAFK5djSk
- Numb – Linkin Park https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXYiU_JCYtU
- Collide – Howie Day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca9ub9rpNK4
- Wake me up – Boyce Avenue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e9xn9i7PNI
- Balled of a prodigal son – Lincoln Durham https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OVZjqhRkqw
- Sleep Song – BASTILLE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cuR_Vi6vas
- Air – Shawn Mendes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq1nqrvpNms
- Animal – XOV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-LMbaE6reM
- Immortals – Fall out Boy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9PxOanFjxQ
- Centuries – Fall out Boy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBr7kECsjcQ
- Yellow Flicker Beat – Lorde https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PdILZ_1P74
- Lovely – Sara Haze https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV37rYyLeJU
- Hello – Adele https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQHsXMglC9A
- Skyfall – Adele https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeumyOzKqgI
About our Author:
Sarai Henderson is a retired ballerina from Oregon City, Oregon, where she spends most her time chasing down her three rambunctious boys and writing on her lunch break at work. She enjoys DIY projects, Photography and writing on her blog about life as a mother of an autistic son.
Social media links:
* * *
Giveaway: $20 Amazon GC
a Rafflecopter giveaway” target=”_blank”>Rafflecopter Link