Here I sit at the computer contemplating the rest of my life. At least my blogging life. Over the past couple of years, I have fallen out of love with reading. Oh yes, I still read and review but let me explain.
- I don’t read the trending books. I don’t like a lot of the subject matter/characters/plot devices that most authors are writing about. I’m not into MC, fighters, stepbrothers, erotic, menage, and BDSM.
- As a blogger, you have to love what you do and over the past year, I haven’t “loved” what I do. I’ve been screamed at or dropped by tour companies because I have a life and sometimes a post doesn’t get posted or a book not read. I’m only human and other people forget that.
- I love my authors that I review for on a personal level. I will continue to do so. You know who you are.
- As I have said before, I don’t have a posse of reviewers or any help for that matter. It’s just me and I don’t get paid to blog.
- Lastly…I need to figure out my life again. Blogging was a way for me to express myself but not anymore.
Figuring out my life will be interesting. I continue to substitute teach and love it. It’s my passion now. I love molding little minds and watching the light bulb come on when they “get” it. I love the hugs, the high fives and the look on teachers faces when they see me. It is nice to be appreciated for what I am doing. I’ve even had parents stop me at the store and thank me for subbing in their child’s classroom.
I also have to think of my health. As a diabetic and going through “the change”, I don’t need a lot of stress right now. Blogging/reviewing is stressful at times. You are searching for emails with post materials, making sure that you have the book to read or staying up late to finish posting. I stressed myself out over the past two years with this and I don’t need it. Being on a computer stresses me out. Making sure that all emails are dealt with properly and professionally on a daily basis…I try, I really do but some days, you just have to ignore the computer.
I don’t do a lot on social media anymore. I tried to be engaging but since I don’t write, I’m NOT a super blogger or go to cons…I’m boring. Now my friends will say that I’m NOT boring but yes, on FB…I’m boring. I don’t share my religious or political views on social media either. It really is no one’s business what I think. I agree to disagree with anyone. That’s what makes this country so awesome. I’m dropping a lot FB groups as we speak. It’s not that I don’t like them but I really don’t have the time for them. Plus, since I don’t watch television much, I’m out of the loop when it comes to that, too. Most of y’all think that this is a pity party but it really isn’t. It is just my thoughts and feelings on blogging and why I’m stepping away for a bit. I will continue to post things but not much. I want to get back to the joy of reading. Find that passion again in books.
When I do start reviewing again, it will be on Amazon and Goodreads only. I feel that my reviews will be better served there.
IMPORTANT: If I have you on the schedule through February or March, nothing will change. I will still review the books that I have booked. These changes go into effect starting March 1, 2016, for anything new. If you have any questions, please let me know. 🙂 firstname.lastname@example.org
Plus, baseball season is coming. Yes, I’m a baseball mom and hubs is the coach.